Get a collection of 20 ready-to-use assignments/tasks for intermediate students who miss school due to a family vacation or other reasons. These tasks are relevant, interesting and meaningful so you can avoid wasting paper by printing a pile of pointless worksheets and yet don’t have to organize and plan weeks ahead for one student!
Students won’t feel like they’ve been given ‘busy work’, and even get more out of their vacation by learning about their destination.
✻ Designed to send on vacation with individual students but could absolutely be used as an in-class research project on a chosen location!
— WHAT’S INCLUDED? —
⇧ ⇧ Please see the detailed PREVIEW for a clear idea of what you can expect with your purchase ⇧ ⇧
Curriculum subjects covered:
☞ – 5 assignments that address Language Arts standards
☞ – 2 assignments that address Mathematics standards
☞ – 2 assignments that address Science expectations (one grade 7 task, one grade 8 task)
☞ – 2 assignments that address History expectations (one grade 7 task, one grade 8 task)
☞ – 4 assignments that address Science expectations (two grade 7 tasks, two grade 8 tasks)
☞ – 3 assignments that address Health and Physical Education expectations (one grade 7 task, one grade 8 task, one general task)
☞ – 2 assignments (one Music, one Visual Arts)
How is this better than a package of worksheets (because it is!)?
- A number of tasks are designed to blend with interesting learning activities that will enrich the vacation (visit a museum, learn the language, join a local activity….).
- Assignments involve learning about the destination of the vacation, making it personal and meaningful.
- Tasks are quite open-ended, allowing students to take it in the direction that is of most interest to them, or adapt depending on what they are able to learn about their destination.
— TIPS FOR USE —
This is not intended as a complete work package for a student – there is far too much included.
- Select one or two (or however many you decide) pages depending on the interests an abilities of that student as well as the content you know they will be missing.
- Let the student choose the tasks that interest them
♻ We strive to be environmentally conscious by creating digital products. Please don’t print more than is necessary!
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
CONNECT WITH US
- Join our mailing list for regular tips and freebies,
- Find us on our blog: Teach Past the Potholes,
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
If you like this product, we would greatly appreciate you considering leaving ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ FEEDBACK.
Copyright © Past the Potholes Ltd. All rights reserved.
This item is bound by copyright laws under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Teachers may share with their own students in class or through password-protected sites only (for example, Google Classroom).
Permission is for single classroom use only. Please purchase discounted additional licenses if you intend to share this product.